View the Catalog
How to Win a Free Book
Links To Railfanning Information
Last Updated: September 16, 2023
Oxford Junction Press specializes in detailed railfan guides covering the New England area. Two types of guides are available:
- Railfan Timetables, which are are railroad-specific, and include:
- Track diagrams showing all stations, bridges, crossings, sidings, and other points of interest, for both lines owned, as well as operated over via trackage rights
- Estimated running times for both freight and passenger trains based on timetable speeds
- All appropriate operating rule summaries
- A full listing of photo and train watching locations in the territory covered by the timetable.
- Railfan Atlases, which are regional in nature, and include:
- Color maps of all rail lines in the region, showing adjacent roads and identifying photo and train watching locations by line and milepost
- Indexed descriptions of all railfan locations identified on the maps.
The locations covered by each guide include information regarding train operators, train frequencies, radio frequencies used, defect detector information, and maps and directions. Guides currently available include:
- CSX Transportation Railfan Timetable, covering eastern New York and New England routes
- Connecticut Southern, Housatonic, New England Central, and Providence & Worcester Railfan Timetable (combined)
- Southern New England Railfan Atlas & Gazetteer
View the catalog for more information about our publications or to place an order.